Not an all-time classic, but some interesting points and observations. I don't get Internet mass mailings often, so here goes...
1. You use the word 'normal' if something is ok.
Estonians also say "normaaalne", accent on the second syllable, to mean "cool" or "that's impressive", in the sense of "not baad.."
I always associated use of the word more with Russians or Latvians. When I worked at a newspaper in Riga, there was a Latvian kid who used to do layout for us. He would be looking at Internet porn and when you asked, "Imants, where the hell are the thumbnails," he would say: "Normaals, normaals..." I don't know if he was commenting on the pictures or telling me everything was OK.
2. When visiting friends abroad you bring along a box of Kalev chocolate.
I always bring Viru Valge. But yes, this would be a tip-off that the guest is Estonian. Kalev chocolate is even harder to get abroad than Saku beer.
3. You attended a song festival at least once either as a performer or as a spectator.
4. You know that going to the sauna is 80% about networking and 20% about washing
I enjoy the top level of the steam room as much as anyone else, but my thoughts usually revolve around out-toughing the other punters -- i.e., I try to arrive earlier and leave later, leaving the impression that I live in the sauna. For me, it's about competition , showing I can take the heat, and not protesting or heading for a lower level when someone throws another ladle on the rocks.
5. You are nationalistic about Skype (it is actually an Estonian company)
Better Google the current ownership. But this is getting at something -- no one outside of Estonia seems to have any idea or knowledge about the Estonian connection in the case of Skype.
6. 'Kohuke' belongs to your menu
Cubes of biezpiens (curds) in chocolate is a Latvian invention, isn't it? But we have good ones.
7. You declare your taxes on the internet like all modern people
Absolutely. Just did, today. In fact, I read in Äripäev, the business daily, that declarations will phased out entirely in a few years -- already the equivalent of W-2 forms get sent automatically; in the future the right amount of income tax will be withheld automatically.
8. You actually believed for a while that Latvians had 6 toes per foot when you heard that as a child
Our childhood true story was that Latvian girls rubbed stinging nettles on my mother when she was a girl at a DP camp. Maybe this is something that shouldn't be repeated, but there you have it.
9. You are convinced that Estonia is very strategically located
10. You spent at least one midsummer in Saaremaa, Hiiumaa or one of the smaller islands
11. You can quote films like "Viimne reliikvia" and "Siin me oleme"
I can hum a tune from the former.
12. You spit three times over your left shoulder for good luck
People do the spitting in such rapid succession that I had forgotten it was three times. But I do spit over my shoulder more than I say "knock on wood" or "touch wood".