Wednesday, October 22, 2008
WEIRD FOOD: Beer-ka
Beer-ka. Sampled: Oct. 17, 2008. Discovered: OÜ Jen, corner of Liivalaia and Tatari
* Does away with the need to spread caviar on melba toast. Caviar is integrated into homogenized toast-bits.
* Only 6 kroons.
* Little jokes on packaging. Fun to read, especially if drinking beer alone!
* "Try it with beer" concept is cool. This could be something like product premiumization, except it could be called "beermiumization". Could offer similarly slightly dodgy products under a "good with beer" label. Sort of like a family-pack or supersize, except in this case, beer-variety. For use only with beer.
* Hard to find in stores.
* Jokes on packaging are in Austrian German or Wendish or something.
* "Fish meal" is not your typical ingredient. Isn't it a fertilizer and pet food component?
* Thick cheesy flavour does not pair well with cod-liver oil flavour.
Posted by Kristopher at 5:51 AM